Mike Exeter visited Distant City Studios to take a look around - this is a very nice studio and well worth a trip to Yorkshire!
Distant City Studios is a custom built state of the art residential recording studio set in the rolling hills of picturesque Yorkshire village, Ripponden. The studio has a large collection of classic microphones, vintage gear and instruments.
Built by leading studio design company Studio People with quality & flexibility in mind Distant City Studios boasts:
- An abundantly stocked large Control Room
- A double height drum room with motorised ceiling to adjust the room size to preference
- Drum Room ceiling contains 6 microphone connections allowing for plenty of options in capturing room ambience
- 2 Live Rooms each acoustically designed and tailored to have their own sonic characteristics
- Vocal Booth
- 2 Isolation Booths for Guitar Amplifiers
- Echo Chamber
- Large selection of vintage guitars, amplifiers, synthesisers and FX pedals